6 Carriage Drive
Eastampton, NJ 08060
609-518-7670 (h), 609-760-0746 (m)
Award-winning, multi-faceted writer with a passion for telling great stories seeks new challenges.
CBS News.com, Bloomberg News, New York Times, New York Daily News, Time.com, American Banker, Philadelphia Inquirer, Professional Mariner, Institutional Investor, Investopedia, eFinancialCareers, The Boston Globe.
New York Press Club (2010): For a feature on a homeless woman in Camden, NJ.
Gerald Loeb Award (2002): Uncovered SEC violations at Raytheon.
Microsoft Word, Twitter, WordPress, Drupal, broadcast writing, podcasting
Freelance reporter 2006-present
- Regularly contribute articles, to CBSNews.com on major business and economic stories (2013 to present);
- Wrote more than 400 scripts for MSN’s “Inside the Ticker” video blog on the stock market.(2013-2016)
- Regularly interview Wall Street analysts. portfolio managers and company executives;
- Analyze the impact of macroeconomic trends and corporate strategy on average people;
- Assigned stories by top editors on mergers, changes in corporate leadership and personal finance topics;
- Wrote articles for “Risk & Insurance, the “bible” of risk management industry (2008-2011);
- Helped edit 24/7 Wall St, a leading independent business news site, and blogged about a variety of subjects (2008 – 2011);
- Contributed to AOL’s DailyFinance, conceived and wrote media criticism column “Media World”(2009-2011);
- Invited to contribute to MSN’s Top Stocks site that covered business and economics news (2011-2013)
Senior Writer,TheStreet.com (September 2005 – September 2006)
- Covered top Internet companies including Google, Amazon and eBay for financial news website;
- Interviewed top Wall Street analysts, shareholders, and executives;
Reporter, Bloomberg News (January 1997 – September 2005)
- Covered multiple beats for one of the biggest business news companies in the world;
- Regular contributor to monthly Bloomberg Markets magazine, a marquee publication featuring the company’s best journalism;
- Served on technology team from 2002 to 2004;
- Covered defense industry from 2000 to 2002;
- Wrote about commercial aviation and energy;
Reporter, Bridge News, (January 1996 – January 1997)
- Analyzed energy markets for an international news organization;
Reporter/Editor, Inside Washington Publishers. (January 1993 – January 1996 )
- Covered EPA and Congress for national newsletter company;
- Edited, publication covering Clean Air Act policy;
Reporter, Today’s Sunbeam, (June 1991 – January 1993 ).
- Wrote about politics, social and environmental issues for daily newspaper;
Education: B.A. Communications, Temple University (991)
References available upon request.